• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

To add some additional information.

To my surprise it is readily available in the GTA. 

Here.

As the only Toronto-based member of the Pinsa Romana Association, it was clear that a re-brand for his current smokehouse was necessary. In the fall of 2020, he purchased a pizza oven and opened up Venga Cucina, taking over at the same Junction address.….

Pinsa Romana is the Ancient Roman pizza. It's a lighter, healthier version of the authentic Italian pizza we've come to know and love. The dough is double-baked and is characterized by a crunchy outside with a soft inside, and is an artisan-stretched oval shape. The word 'Pinsa' actually comes from the Latin word "pinsere", which in Italian, means to stretch and spread.

It is no easy feat to uphold the prestigious status of the OPR Association. First and foremost, all flour must be purchased through the Di Marco Company in Italy, where they produce an exclusive mix of flour––the only one that can be used to make Pinsa Romana. For a business to be recognized as an original Pinseria, an expert examiner will have the task of viewing the meticulous procedure of all stages of processing starting from the dough.

My bolding (with tongue in cheek). The smarketing is embarrassing!  

And just in case you were wondering just how much the stamp of the Pinsa Romano Assoc. is worth:

Here.

Anna N

Anna N

To my surprise it is readily available in the GTA. 

Here.

As the only Toronto-based member of the Pinsa Romana Association, it was clear that a re-brand for his current smokehouse was necessary. In the fall of 2020, he purchased a pizza oven and opened up Venga Cucina, taking over at the same Junction address.….

Pinsa Romana is the Ancient Roman pizza. It's a lighter, healthier version of the authentic Italian pizza we've come to know and love. The dough is double-baked and is characterized by a crunchy outside with a soft inside, and is an artisan-stretched oval shape. The word 'Pinsa' actually comes from the Latin word "pinsere", which in Italian, means to stretch and spread.

It is no easy feat to uphold the prestigious status of the OPR Association. First and foremost, all flour must be purchased through the Di Marco Company in Italy, where they produce an exclusive mix of flour––the only one that can be used to make Pinsa Romana. For a business to be recognized as an original Pinseria, an expert examiner will have the task of viewing the meticulous procedure of all stages of processing starting from the dough.

My bolding (with tongue in cheek). The marketing is embarrassing!