• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Moroccan pistachio pastries. Turkish style is (very) finely ground, Moroccan is coarse or left whole. Turkish is buttery and overall quality is superior.
XfAOpA5.jpg

3THP5M7.jpg

Turkish black figs from Bursa are here again. On my second tray this week.
CR3tm5r.jpg

Moroccan fried bread ("Msemmen") and home-made kumquat marmalade (tart, not sweet).
2gxGHXS.jpg

Full-fat farmer's quark from the dairy farm
8PVqXIb.jpg

Not Moroccan but from a country that's no less fascinating.
XAl0u6L.jpg

One of the 4 all-important C's in the state of Oaxaca: corn, chilli, chocolate, and coffee.

MGQbeRX.jpg

The most well known chocolate producer in Oaxaca state. I spent many happy chocolate drinking hours at Mayodomo shop in the Oaxacan capital.

MmjtMnQ.jpg

Pastries and fried bread are from a Moroccan bakery 10km away. The pastries survived the bumpy bike ride home on lousy bike paths that I paid for.

IXVk8DZ.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Moroccan pistachio pastries. Turkish style is (very) finely ground, Moroccan is coarse or left whole. Turkish is buttery and overall quality is superior.
XfAOpA5.jpg

3THP5M7.jpg

Turkish black figs from Bursa are here again. On my second tray this week.
CR3tm5r.jpg

Moroccan fried bread ("Msemmen") and home-made kumquat marmalade (tart, not sweet).
2gxGHXS.jpg

Full-fat farmer's quark from the dairy farm
8PVqXIb.jpg

Not Moroccan but from a country that's no less fascinating.
XAl0u6L.jpg

One of the 4 all-important C's in the state of Oaxaca: corn, chilli, chocolate, and cacao.

MGQbeRX.jpg

The most well known chocolate producer in Oaxaca state. I spent many happy chocolate drinking hours at Mayodomo shop in the Oaxacan capital.

MmjtMnQ.jpg

Pastries and fried bread are from a Moroccan bakery 10km away. The pastries survived the bumpy bike ride home on lousy bike paths that I paid for.

IXVk8DZ.jpg