• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

3 hours ago, lindag said:

Shrimp Louie is often my go-to when I’m out ideas or inspiration.

I keep salad shrimp in the freezer at all times so it’s easy to do.

Shrimp (or crab) Louie has always been a favourite of my Dad's, hence the idea. He really only likes sweets these days and my sisters and I agree that at his age and stage in life, if he wants to exist on jelly beans and danishes, so be it, but I still feel happy when I can get a little protein into him. He has had a great, long, adventure filled life, so my loving wish for him at this point is that when the time comes, he goes quickly and painlessly.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

1 hour ago, lindag said:

Shrimp Louie is often my go-to when I’m out ideas or inspiration.

I keep salad shrimp in the freezer at all times so it’s easy to do.

Shrimp (or craab) Louie has always been a favourite of my Dad's, hence the idea. He really only likes sweets these days and my sisters and I agree that at his age and stage in life, if he wants to exist on jelly beans and danishes, so be it, but I still feel happy when I can get a little protein into him. He has had a great, long, adventure filled life, so my loving wish for him at this point is that when the time comes, he goes quickly and painlessly.