• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

clicked submit too soon!

Another pumpernickel bagel.

FF474C90-EA60-4247-B9AC-6D3A5632B7DD_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bc9e8aadfaacc73f6bbc0eba0a2e5d1b.jpeg

This time, I tried the Triple Lemon Cheese schmear recipe from Cathy Barrow's bagel book.  It's got lemon zest, lemon juice and salt-preserved lemon.  It's was great with the bagel but would also be excellent on little tea sandwiches with watercress, cucumber or radish.  Too bad I blew out the photo as it's very pretty with flecks of fresh parsley and the little cubes of preserved lemon. 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

FF474C90-EA60-4247-B9AC-6D3A5632B7DD_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.bc9e8aadfaacc73f6bbc0eba0a2e5d1b.jpeg

This time, I tried the Triple Lemon Cheese schmear recipe from Cathy Barrow's bagel book.  It's got lemon zest, lemon juice and salt-preserved lemon 

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

This time, I tried the Triple Lemon Cheese schmear recipe from Cathy Barrow's bagel book.  It's got lemon zest, lemon juice and salt-preserved lemon