• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

44 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

How do you get your eggs to do that?  

Basically an over easy but I use an egg ring like McD's uses for the McMuffins so the egg is contained. Crack into the ring, when partially set, use corner of spatula to break yolk so it spreads out. Then remove ring, flip and finish cooking. It got smooshed a bit when I cut the waffle. 

Edited to add this photo, where you can see the round shape of the cooked egg before it got smooshed:

2FEC57C2-2B32-47A0-8F6E-761001551AA3_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.1d331be834ec504bcb9f0e1e28ff08ae.jpeg
The rings I have are ~ 3 inches in diameter.  3.5 might be better. 
And my rings are individual instead of 12 hooked together like at McD's 🙃

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

23 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

How do you get your eggs to do that?  

Basically an over easy but I use an egg ring like McD's uses for the McMuffins so the egg is contained. Crack into the ring, when partially set, use corner of spatula to break yolk so it spreads out. Then remove ring, flip and finish cooking. It got smooshed a bit when I cut the waffle. 
The rings I have are ~ 3 inches in diameter.  3.5 might be better. 
And my rings are individual instead of 12 hooked together like at McD's 🙃