• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

billyhill

billyhill

add information

4 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

This is based on the I Dream of Dinner recipe for Crispy Potato, Egg & Cheese Tacos. The header note just says, "So crisp, you could even skip the tortilla," so I did.

19A52CF4-2849-4C9F-A4A7-3DED230AFE97_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6e324a6c2badf9e683d2121b514967bd.jpeg

The recipe calls for grated russet potato and Cheddar cheese.  I used yellow potato, grated medium rather than large, squeezed out some moisture in a paper towel, and a mix of grated Gruyere and Red Leicester.  Added hot sauce after the photo. 

Probably the quickest possible breakfast potato & egg combo I can imagine. I would definitely do this again. 

@Anna N, I'm glad you tried that one, because now I don't need to.  I couldn't quite imagine those ingredients doing much for each other but thought maybe there was some magic I was missing!  

Oh my, that looks good.

I guess I should have added I had 2 eggs over medium with spinach, onions, and mushrooms

billyhill

billyhill

4 hours ago, blue_dolphin said:

This is based on the I Dream of Dinner recipe for Crispy Potato, Egg & Cheese Tacos. The header note just says, "So crisp, you could even skip the tortilla," so I did.

19A52CF4-2849-4C9F-A4A7-3DED230AFE97_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.6e324a6c2badf9e683d2121b514967bd.jpeg

The recipe calls for grated russet potato and Cheddar cheese.  I used yellow potato, grated medium rather than large, squeezed out some moisture in a paper towel, and a mix of grated Gruyere and Red Leicester.  Added hot sauce after the photo. 

Probably the quickest possible breakfast potato & egg combo I can imagine. I would definitely do this again. 

@Anna N, I'm glad you tried that one, because now I don't need to.  I couldn't quite imagine those ingredients doing much for each other but thought maybe there was some magic I was missing!  

Oh my, that looks good