• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

Regarding stuffed potatoes, there are two methods I've tried, using mashed potatoes and using small chopped potatoes.

The mashed type requires much more added fat to not just be mashed potatoes and i find the flavor of additions eg bacon or lobster tends to get lost in the potato mixture.

The chopped potatoes are done roughly with a spoon after baking and are mildly chunky. They need less cheese/mayo/sour cream to have the right consistency and any addition's flavor isn't hidden.

I wouldn't say one is superior, they are just different

gfweb

gfweb

Regarding stuffed potatoes, there are two methods I've tried, using mashed potatoes and using small chopped potatoes.

The mashed type requires much more added fat to not just be mashed potatoes and i find the flavor of additions eg bacon or lobster tends to get lost in the potato mixture.

The chopped potatoes are done roughly with a spoon after baking and are mildly chunky. They need less cheese/mayo/sour cream to have the right consistency and any addition's flavor isn't hidden.