• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 1/21/2022 at 10:13 AM, Smithy said:

Apologies for following up days after the fact, but this beautiful dinner caught my eye and I'd like to try it. How did you go about coating and cooking that halibut, please?

Guidance on the potatoes would not be amiss either, but it's the fish I'd especially like to try making.

@Smithy, the potatoes are simple.  While the oven is heating up to 450°F, I peel and cut the potatoes ( I use russets) into wedges or cubes. 

Rinse in cold water and dry well.   Add some olive oil to the hot pan. 

Toss in the potatoes, coat with oil and roast turning once or twice until golden, crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.   

Season with salt and pepper or your favourite mix.   Sometimes I add a few cracked garlic cloves in while roasting as well. 

The recipe for the Parmesan Crusted halibut can be found here.......https://thibeaultstable.com/2010/10/11/parmesan-crusted-halibut-2/

@Tropicalsenior, I'm so glad that you made hamburger buns from that recipe.  I was thinking that it would probably be a great dough for hamburgers as well.  

Ann_T

Ann_T

On 1/21/2022 at 10:13 AM, Smithy said:

Apologies for following up days after the fact, but this beautiful dinner caught my eye and I'd like to try it. How did you go about coating and cooking that halibut, please?

Guidance on the potatoes would not be amiss either, but it's the fish I'd especially like to try making.

@Smithy, the potatoes are simple.  While the oven is heating up to 450°F, I peel and cut the potatoes ( I use russets) into wedges or cubes. 

Rinse in cold water and dry well.   Add some olive oil to the hot pan. 

Toss in the potatoes, coat with oil and roast turning once or twice until golden, crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.   

Season with salt and pepper or your favourite mix.   Sometimes I add a few cracked garlic cloves in while roasting as well. 

The recipe for the Parmesan Crusted halibut can be found here.......https://thibeaultstable.com/2010/10/11/parmesan-crusted-halibut-2/