• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipes From Brands' Test Kitchens

chromedome

Nothing earth-shaking, here, but an interesting little peek under the hood (and a chance to meet some of the recipe developers).

https://tastecooking.com/just-like-brandma-made/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

2 hours ago, chromedome said:

Nothing earth-shaking, here, but an interesting little peek under the hood (and a chance to meet some of the recipe developers).

https://tastecooking.com/just-like-brandma-made/

Interesting how GB casserole was promoted into a Thanksgiving standard.  

Seems Mac and Cheese has somehow been insinuated into being  part of thanksgiving in the past 10 years or so. 

Years ago, I met an old woman who worked for Cambell's as a recipe developer. She said she was behind all the mushroom soup recipes. Wonder if she's in that article...

• Like 1

Don't knock Campbell's ' cream ' soups .

while starting to cook for myself ,

these various incarnations  ( mushroom , chicken )

elevated my dinners on weekends .

I little table wine , can of CrSoup , chicken breasts or thighs

on the bone ,  baked were pretty tasty 

adding a little dried herbs ( not ground )  notched the dishes  up

quite a bit.

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 4