• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

6 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Masher12122021.jpg

$9.95 plus tax and shipping.  It works.  Also best tool so far for opening my salt shaker.  A true mulitasker.

That's the type of potato masher that I grew up with. It wasn't as pretty as that but my mother sure made good mashed potatoes. I haven't been able to find one like that for years.

I'm glad you found your new potato masher. Maybe not state-of-the-art but sometimes old style is the best.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Masher12122021.jpg

$9.95 plus tax and shipping.  It works.  Also best tool so far for opening my salt shaker.  A true mulitasker.

That's the type of potato masher that I grew up with. It wasn't as pretty as that but my mother sure made good mashed potatoes. I haven't been able to find one like that for years.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Masher12122021.jpg

That's the type of potato masher that I grew up with. It wasn't as pretty as that but my mother sure make good mashed potatoes. I haven't been able to find one like that for years.