• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

I'm good with a glug or a splash, but not a bunch. Maybe a handful? Bunches are arbitrary divisions made on the basis of your grocer's pricing guidelines. Here in northern CA a bunch of chives is typically no thicker than a small pinkie finger. In Atlanta we found bunches of chives consisted of about ten times that much. For the same price or less.

I agree with posters who are annoyed by endless overwritten preambles to a recipe; most of them are inane and repetitive to say nothing of poorly written. But what irritates me the most is the paragraph titled: "Why you will love this recipe."

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

I'm good with a plug or a splash, but not a bunch. Maybe a handful? Bunches are arbitrary divisions made on the basis of your grocer's pricing guidelines. Here in northern CA a bunch of chives is typically no thicker than a small pinkie finger. In Atlanta we found bunches of chives consisted of about ten times that much. For the same price or less.

I agree with posters who are annoyed by endless overwritten preambles to a recipe; most of them are inane and repetitive to say nothing of poorly written. But what irritates me the most is the paragraph titled: "Why you will love this recipe."