• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Robenco15

Robenco15

I got this last week and am loving it. Haven’t gotten around to starting a recipe until tonight though. 

Tonight I did the Neapolitan High Hydration dough. It wasn’t easy as it took me too long to figure out that using the paddle first would help it knead better when I switch over to the dough hook. 

I was hopeful the pregelatinized flour technique would bake it easier than in the past when I’d make high hydration doughs, but I’m not sure it helped. 

All that said, I guess I should clarify that it makes 150g of the pregel, after wastage I only got 131g so next time I’m going to make a larger amount to account for wastage and get me to that 150g mark. 

I also used Caputo Super Nuvola so that probably is another (I hope) reason it didn’t come together as easily. 

That said, it did come together and looks great. The only way I’m differing is after the 24 hour bulk and then split into balls, I’m going to put the balls in the fridge for 18 hours, then reball, and let go for 2-3 hours at room temp (like it originally calls for). 

Gotta work around…work. 

This one isn’t from MCP but wanted to share at least one pic of a pizza I made.  I’m also really excited to try the Tokyo Marinara recipe. 

CBA5B41F-79D4-424A-AFB0-E0CBA7C4C52C.jpeg

Robenco15

Robenco15

I got this last week and am loving it. Haven’t gotten around to starting a recipe until tonight though. 

Tonight I did the Neapolitan High Hydration dough. It wasn’t easy as it took me too long to figure out that using the paddle first would help it knead better when I switch over to the dough hook. 

I was hopeful the pregelatinized flour technique would bake it easier than in the past when I’d make high hydration doughs, but I’m not sure it helped. 

All that said, I guess I should clarify that it makes 150g of the pregel, after wastage I only got 131g so next time I’m going to make a larger amount to account for wastage and get me to that 150g mark. 

I also used Caputo Super Nuvola so that probably is another (I hope) reason it didn’t come together as easily. 

That said, it did come together and looks great. The only way I’m differing is after the 24 hour bulk and then split into balls, I’m going to put the balls in the fridge for 18 hours, then reball, and let go for 2-3 hours at room temp (like it originally calls for). 

Gotta work around…work. 

This one isn’t from MCP but wanted to share at least one pic of a pizza I made.  

CBA5B41F-79D4-424A-AFB0-E0CBA7C4C52C.jpeg