• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I think a lot of the problem with this is that most of those foods aren't English at all. Some are maybe British, but so many people don't know  the difference between Britain and the UK and England!

I have no idea what English toffee is? English Bangers, either. The expression 'bangers' for sausages actually came from Australia!

And English peas baffles me! What are they⁈

liuzhou

liuzhou

I think a lot of the problem with this is that most of those foods aren't English at all. Some are maybe British, but so many people don't know  the difference between Britain and the UK and England!

I have no idea what English toffee is? Bangers, neither. The expression 'bangers' for sausages actually came from Australia!

And English peas baffles me! What are they⁈