• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A short travel blog of Greece: Pelion, Meteora, and Athens

1 hour ago, heidih said:

Makes sense going the Nutella  route and amping up the crunch.

Please, don't use Nutella.   Use Gianduja somehow.   From Wikipedia: Gianduia is denser than Nutella, with a more delicate taste, and the main difference is that we use up to 55 per cent of premium local hazelnuts, sugar and cocoa. No other ingredients, no palm oil, no preservers.” ... Gianduia remains a niche artisan product.

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

Just now, Darienne said:

Please, don't use Nutella.   Use Gianduja somehow.   From Wikipedia: Gianduia is denser than Nutella, with a more delicate taste, and the main difference is that we use up to 55 per cent of premium local hazelnuts, sugar and cocoa. No other ingredients, no palm oil, no preservers.” ... Gianduia remains a niche artisan product.

I didn't mean to use that pap but the beloved flavor profile of chocolate and hazelnuts

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, heidih said:

I didn't mean to use that pap but the beloved flavor profile of chocolate and hazelnuts

Sorry Heidi...I just loathe Nutella...and went off the deep end...and love Gianduja.  I wish I knew what Nutella tasted like about 30 years ago.  It might have been wonderful.   I really do know where you are coming from and you have always been way ahead of me in the culinary.  ❤️

• Like 1

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope. 

1 hour ago, Darienne said:

Only thing I eat with Nutella is one half of a matzo once every Passover.

Indeed, I think that chopped nuts wrapped in chocolaty phyllo can be nice.

• Like 2

~ Shai N.