• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

no Thai basil? I'm sure it was just because you didn't have it available, but it would have knocked it out of the park!  What brand red curry paste did you use?

Exactly - I didn't have any!  This was made with Thai Kitchen's.  I also have on hand the Maesri brand, which I'll try next. I try and punch them up with lots of garlic/ginger, and more heat to taste. (I haven't been to Ken Hing in a few weeks to resupply; I need to get over there).

image.png.932c1f862a3acf1e78dfa61dca75dc99.png

weinoo

weinoo

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

no Thai basil? I'm sure it was just because you didn't have it available, but it would have knocked it out of the park!  What brand red curry paste did you use?

Exactly - I didn't have any!  This was made with Thai Kitchen's.  I also have on hand the Maesri brand, which I'll try next. I ptry and punch them up with lots of garlic/ginger, and more heat to taste. (I haven't been to Ken Hing in a few weeks to resupply; I need to get over there).

image.png.932c1f862a3acf1e78dfa61dca75dc99.png