• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@gfweb – that skirt steak is truly a thing of beauty.  I think I’d rather have a slice of that than a “steak”.  And, can you tell me about that cobbler, please?

Dinner was breakfast for dinner.  @David Ross' and @Ann_T‘s huckleberry and blueberry pancakes combined with the crappy pancakes Mr. Kim had at lunch last Sunday, had me craving pancakes.  I decided to make blueberry.  I don’t think I’ve ever made them before.  They ended up being a giant PITA.  I’ve seen folks make them on TV tons of times and read a number of recipes and NOWHERE does it mention that when you flip them (blueberries down) the blueberries will stick to the griddle!  They didn’t burn exactly, but they stuck and I ended up with some ugly, unevenly cooked pancakes.  It’s obviously just me, but I think next time I get a craving, I’ll make my regular pancakes and blueberry syrup!  Before the flip:

IMG_6672.jpg.fd972713786dc9989b281277e9d520de.jpg

Served with some mini quiche I had in the freezer:

IMG_6673.jpg.a298fb43eb7d90523c41d7c0e1cf2d28.jpg

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

@gfweb – that skirt steak is truly a thing of beauty.  I think I’d rather have a slice of that than a “steak”.  And, can you tell me about that cobbler, please?

Dinner was breakfast for dinner.  @David Ross' and @Ann_T‘s huckleberry and blueberry pancakes combined with the crappy pancakes Mr. Kim had at lunch last Sunday, had me craving pancakes.  I decided to make blueberry.  I don’t think I’ve ever made them before.  They ended up being a giant PITA.  I’ve seen folks make them on TV tons of times and read a number of recipes and NOWHERE does it mention that when you flip them (blueberries down) the blueberries with stick to the griddle!  They didn’t burn exactly, but they stuck and I ended up with some ugly, unevenly cooked pancakes.  It’s obviously just me, but I think next time I get a craving, I’ll make my regular pancakes and blueberry syrup!  Before the flip:

IMG_6672.jpg.fd972713786dc9989b281277e9d520de.jpg

Served with some mini quiche I had in the freezer:

IMG_6673.jpg.a298fb43eb7d90523c41d7c0e1cf2d28.jpg