• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Toliver

Toliver

To delete extra pic

Don't be scared! xD

TamaleF.jpg.6cb931ce93a19f7e9312d75ff104d0dc.jpg

This is the tamale being sold by WeinerSchnitzel. As I previously mentioned, it's sold in a hot dog box.

The ruler is there just to show it's about 5 inches long.

Note that while it may look like their usual chili cheese sauce, I think it definitely has a tamale sauce flavor.

It's mild, not spicy at all. The tamale itself isn't just dry masa. I think it's been either steamed or microwaved and has a nice meat filling interior (I am assuming it's pork).

It is a limited time offering, to go along with the season of the Tamalada (traditional Hispanic tamale-making gatherings).

Toliver

Toliver

Don't be scared! xD

TamaleF.jpg.6cb931ce93a19f7e9312d75ff104d0dc.jpg

This is the tamale being sold by WeinerSchnitzel. As I previously mentioned, it's sold in a hot dog box.

The ruler is there just to show it's about 5 inches long.

Note that while it may look like their usual chili cheese sauce, I think it definitely has a tamale sauce flavor.

It's mild, not spicy at all. The tamale itself isn't just dry masa. I think it's been either steamed or microwaved and has a nice meat filling interior (I am assuming it's pork).

It is a limited time offering, to go along with the season of the Tamalada (traditional Hispanic tamale-making gatherings).

Tamale.jpg