• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Long time lurker

Hello all!

After being a long time lurker (several years) to the site, I've finally committed to joining.

I look forward to contributing to discussions as I further into my goal to improve be more consistent in my cooking and baking!

the30spursuit

I cook mainly Caribbean and Southern US foods but enjoying making various Asian dishes as well. I've been incorporating some cold weather dishes into my rotation now that I live further north.

Over the years, I've bought cookbooks Momofuku, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Adhoc at Home that I would like to cook through (procrastination is real).

For baking and deserts I make mainly cakes but want to get into breads and other pastries. I've had The Bread Baker's Apprentice on my shelf and really should start working through that as well. I did get on the sourdough kick over the last few months (chickened out making a loaf) but did make some sourdough pancakes, sourdough banana bread, and a somewhat decent batch of sourdough english muffins.

• Like 4