• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On-line Recipe Hosting Sites

Kim Shook

@ElsieD. Do you still use Android? What Android version are you running? What is your Evernote version?

The old Evernote, nicknamed Legacy, was version 6 (methinks v6.25). The company shut down access to the legacy version, so unless one did some fancy footwork, all old Evernote versions (and data) are gone.

The current version is 10.x, an entirely new animal. According to Evernote help files, there is a new Android app version for Android 10 and newer. Evernote "promises" to get to older Android versions "in the near future."

If Evernote help discussions are to be believed, there is no Print function on one version of Android. (It is not clear to me if folks are talking about a Legacy version of Evernote or a modern app version of Evernote).

Workarounds mentioned:

-copy/paste recipe into a notepad type app.

-work in Evernote on Android app, then print later from Windows/Mac computer

-Just highlight the text so the cut/paste menu pops up...  click share... that brings up the standard Android app share options. I use Google Print. Very easy workaround for a free app.

-One workaround I've just tested successfully: if your printer allows you to email items to it (as at least some HPs do), you can use Evernote's Email Note function to print a note. Tap the Share icon at top right of note, then the 3-dots menu at top right of the Share Note dialog, and select Email copy of note. There's no way to select specific pages, orientation, etc., so it's pretty basic. But it does work.

-Android Evernote also doesn't work with Android's standard sharing interface at all, which is the way most apps access printing. Seems like Evernote for Android has basically stopped development in any meaningful way. 

Please reply, Elsie, and I'll see if I can find out more.

P.S. I'm in Evernote v10.x in Windows. There is an easy print function.

Edited by TdeV
Clarity (log)

or just keep your recipes in a .txt file - or copy/paste a website recipe into a Word/(other) document.

learn how to back up your computer.

that way only you can decide when to make you obsolete . . .

my recipe folder - on a 2TB solid state drive - is

7.96 GB in size

contains 2,635 files

in

166 folders.

using xcopy, takes about 20 seconds to back up via usb to an external (solid state) drive.