• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TdeV

TdeV

I use Evernote (www.evernote.com) which is a note app. Actually I manage my notes on my computer, but I can get to them from my cell phone. One folder is called Food which has a sub-folder called Shared Recipes and I can provide that link to anyone. Here, for example, is my modification of your recipe for Maggie's Shrimp & Corn w Basil. One of the things you can't see is that the original link came from recipecircus.com.  On the other hand, here is your recipe for Grilled Chicken Thighs with Bullseye Sauce which came from eGullet.

What Evernote actually does is copy your local Evernote to an online database which can be accessed by any of your devices (computers, phone, tablet). You can share any individual recipe with anyone. What you can't do is give anyone a structure to walk through such as Entrées, Desserts, etc. You could, however, create one Note for Desserts which gave hyperlinks to your favourite dessert recipes.

Clear as mud, huh? Evernote comes in a free and paid version. I actually started using Evernote because I was moving across the country and didn't want to move boxes and boxes of recipe printouts. I bought a sheetfed scanner. That first month I ran into the ceiling on uploads for the free version, so became a premium user. I don't suppose that I would have run into that ceiling ever after but there are many things in the premium version which are better. It's about $50 per year.

TdeV

TdeV

I use Evernote (www.evernote.com) which is a note app. Actually I manage my notes on my computer, but I can get to them from my cell phone. One folder is called Food which has a sub-folder called Shared Recipes and I can provide that link to anyone. Here, for example, is my modification of your recipe for Maggie's Shrimp & Corn w Basil. One of the things you can't see is that the original link came from recipecircus.com.  On the other hand, here is your recipe for Grilled Chicken Thighs with Bullseye Sauce which came from eGullet.

What Evernote actually does is copy your local Evernote to an online database which can be accessed by any of your devices (computers, phone, tablet). You can share any individual recipe with anyone. What you can't do is give anyone a structure to walk through such as Entrées, Desserts, etc. You could, however, create one note for Desserts which gave hyperlinks to your favourite dessert recipes.

Clear as mud, huh? Evernote comes in a free and paid version. I actually started using Evernote because I was moving across the country and didn't want to move boxes and boxes of recipe printouts. I bought a sheetfed scanner. That first month I ran into the ceiling on uploads for the free version, so became a premium user. I don't suppose that I would have run into that ceiling ever after but there are many things in the premium version which are better. It's about $50 per year.