• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

11 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

@Franci, seems like there's some meat in/on the barrel fish head. Is it sinewy? Can you slice it or scrape it and eat it raw? (Looks very fresh.)

the head has tons of meat but I would use the fillet if I wanted to eat raw. The fish was caught this morning. My husband calls at noon to know when the boat is back and by 1-1:15 he is at the pier. Some of today’s catches

359C6C62-F7D4-4FE3-B851-F53D86E1CCD0.jpeg

Franci

Franci

10 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

@Franci, seems like there's some meat in/on the barrel fish head. Is it sinewy? Can you slice it or scrape it and eat it raw? (Looks very fresh.)

the head has tons of meat but I would use the fillet if I wanted to eat raw. The fish was caught this morning. My husband calls at noon to know when the boat is back and by 1-1:15 he is at the pier. Some of today’s catch 

359C6C62-F7D4-4FE3-B851-F53D86E1CCD0.jpeg

Franci

Franci

8 minutes ago, MokaPot said:

the head has tons of meat but I would use the fillet if I wanted to eat raw. The fish was caught this morning. My husband calls at noon to know when the boat is back and by 1-1:15 he is at the pier. Some of today’s catch 

18780D9C-1BDF-4EF0-AC72-332477B56B51.jpeg