• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

501868855_Stocks05--31.jpeg.c190223ba45380b53da2aefd11a31ee2.jpeg

Weekends, and the insane amount of produce and protein I'm getting delivered (not Instacart, not Doordash, but small companies trying to stay in biz) to last a week or more at a time, lead to stock making - yes, on the stovetop, as I'm constantly cutting, trimming and adding to the pots, before letting them settle in for a nice simmer.

In front, chicken stock in its first stages of major skimming, before adding any of the aromatics - I usually wait an hour or two to add the veg and herbs.

In back, vegetable stock with lots of mushroom stems.

weinoo

weinoo

501868855_Stocks05--31.jpeg.c190223ba45380b53da2aefd11a31ee2.jpeg

Weekends, and the insane amount of produce and protein I'm getting delivered (not Instacart, not Doordash, but small companies trying to stay in biz) to last a week or more at a time, lead to stock making - yes, on the stovetop, as I'm constantly cutting, trimming and adding to the pots before letting them settle in for a nice simmer.

In front, chicken stock in its first stages of major skimming, before adding any off the aromatics - I usually wait an hour or two to add the veg and herbs.

In back, vegetable stock with lots of mushroom stems.