• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

Yesterday I had an appointment with the carpenter who will be building the cabinets for my new kitchen.  Yay!  

His shop is South of here in another small town.  My friend went with me and we had a good visit going over the plans and choosing hardware, designs, color and layout.

On the way home is a small restaurant called The Hamilton Fish House.  I had gotten their phone number so we could get take-out.  When I called from the cabinet shop they told me they were open!  First day.  We chose to eat inside and were the only customers.  The fish and chips were great and it was just so wonderful to be out and about again after such a long time in isolation.  They are under strict rules for separation and cleanliness but it is a big step forward.

My county of approx. 46,000 has had just 5 known cases of the virus.

lindag

lindag

Yesterday I had an appointment with the carpenter who will be building the cabinets for my new kitchen.  Yay!  

His shop is South of here in another small town.  My friend went with me and we had a good visit going over the plans and choosing hardware, designs, color and layout.

On the way home is a small restaurant called The Hamilton Fish House.  I had gotten their phone number so we could get take-out.  When I called from the cabinet shop they told me they were open!  First day.  We chose to eat inside and were the only customers.  The fish and chips were great and it was just so wonderful to be out and about again after such a long time in isolation.  They are under strict rules for separation and cleanliness but it is a big step forward.