• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

Lemon posset!

1507486775_Oatmealraisincc04-26.jpeg.6a8f4d16c3b06b696f412f3401220c7b.jpeg

With mucho time on my hands, I tried the recipe for oatmeal raisin cookies (well, almost exactly) on the inside lid of the Quaker Oats oatmeal container; rolled oats, not quick-cooking. I subbed chocolate chips for half the raisins called for - they're ok, but nowhere near as good as the crispy oatmeal cookies I bake from a recipe in CI years and years ago.

A delivery on Saturday has lots of beautiful produce - ramps, spring onions, baby leeks, 2 lbs of nice mushrooms, etc. And yesterday I received a delivery from a place called Chef Collective - they supply cheeses, other dairy, and various assorted farmers boxed up produce. My fridge is bursting.

weinoo

weinoo

Lemon posset!

1507486775_Oatmealraisincc04-26.jpeg.6a8f4d16c3b06b696f412f3401220c7b.jpeg

With mucho time on my hands, I tried the recipe (well, almost exactly) on the inside lid of the Quaker Oats oatmeal container; rolled oats, not quick-cooking. I subbed chocolate chips for half the raisins called for - they're ok, but nowhere near as good as the crispy oatmeal cookies I bake from a recipe in CI years and years ago.

A delivery on Saturday has lots of beautiful produce - ramps, spring onions, baby leeks, 2 lbs of nice mushrooms, etc. And yesterday I received a delivery from a place called Chef Collective - they supply cheeses, other dairy, and various assorted farmers boxed up produce. My fridge is bursting.