• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tonyrocks922

tonyrocks922

Fixed incorrect word

As others in this thread have noted the situation in NYC is weird. With my tiny fridge and freezer it's been difficult to keep stocked up on things. Delivery slots for instacart and Fresh Direct (a local grocery delivery) have been impossible to get.  Even when I get get a slot they will inevitably not deliver one key ingredient for a recipe I was planning 

Stores in my neighborhood are supposedly reasonably well stocked but my wife is considered high risk and I don't want to do any in-person shopping.  I finally caved and ordered from Baldor Foods (a restaurant supplier now doing residential deliveries). They have a $250 minimum but now I've been able to Tetris 10 lbs of chicken into my freezer and got some yeast (1 lb of instant - the only type/quantity available). Their produce is much better quality than I've been getting from other places.  

tonyrocks922

tonyrocks922

As others in this thread have noted the situation in NYC is weird. With my tiny fridge and freezer it's been difficult to keep stocked up on things. Delivery slots for instacart and Fresh Direct (a local grocery delivery) have been impossible to get.  Even when I get get a slot they will inevitably not deliver one key ingredient for a recipe I was planning 

Stores in my neighborhood are supposedly reasonably well stocked but my wife is considered high risk and I don't want to do any in-person shopping.  I finally caved and ordered from Baldor Foods (a restaurant supplier now doing residential deliveries). They have a $250 minimum but now I've been able to Jenga 10 lbs of chicken into my freezer and got some yeast (1 lb of instant - the only type/quantity available). Their produce is much better quality than I've been getting from other places.  

tonyrocks922

tonyrocks922

Store are supposedly reasonably well stocked but my wife is considered high risk and I don't want to do any in-person shopping.  I finally caved and ordered from Baldor Foods (a restaurant supplier now doing residential deliveries). They have a $250 minimum but now I've been able to Jenga 10 lbs of chicken into my freezer and got some yeast (1 lb of instant - the only type/quantity available). Their produce is much better quality than I've been getting from other places.