• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

On 4/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Jacksoup said:

Tried an Instacart order.  The open slot was April 22. Then I saw the fast but you take whenever someone is available. I ordered April 17 and got today April 19. I already saw online no TP or PT. Got everything else except tomato paste even though I approved her sub by text. Unfortunately I also got a $!3 pack of thin sliced chicken breast - which I would never buy. I will call customer service tomorrow. I know they are hiring newbies so I get the issues and the stress they are under. 

PS: did not mean this to be a quote but can't get red of reference to a quote)

heidih

heidih

On 4/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Jacksoup said:

Had been working on an Instacart order for a couple of days, not in a big hurry for anything. The open slot was April 22. Then I saw the fast but you take whenever someone is available. I ordered April 17 and got today April 19. I already saw online no TP or PT. Got everything else except tomato paste even though I approved her sub by text. Unfortunately I also got a $!3 pack of thin sliced chicken breast - which I would never buy. I will call customer service tomorrow. I know they are hiring newbies so I get the issues and the stress they are under. 

++son told me tonight he was out of lunch meat. Told him he’d probably have to do PB&J for a few days until we got a delivery time.  I placed the order, choose ‘fast and flexible’ instead of a time slot and got everything on my list within 90 minutes.  The shopper told me I was the first person today who got everything on their order.  I actually got white rice which I’ve been trying to order for days, out of stock everywhere.