• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Dr. Teeth

Dr. Teeth

With the increasing difficulty/cost of scheduling peapod deliveries and stores around my area (Maryland D.C suburbs) being sold out of a lot of items, I've been buying more items online.  Anybody else doing the same?   What have you found, where are you shopping?

I've found:

1) World Market.  Who knew?   I think of them as a place that stocks little bottles of shelf stable European food, but they were doing free delivery over $50 and hadn't marked up their prices.   I bought a couple of things (tomato paste, ramen) that have been totally sold out around here.

2) Giordano's.   My boys fell in love with Chicago pizza after a trip there.   Two had birthdays in April and wanted pizza.  They were only charging about 20 bucks delivered for a frozen deep dish, which is about what they charge in the restaurant. 

3) Broadbent.   The sale Rotus posted a link to was super, ham and bacon are totally off the shelves around here. 

4) Rancho Gordo.   Back ordered for months, but still promising to send out beans

Dr. Teeth

Dr. Teeth

With the increasing difficulty/cost of scheduling peapod deliveries and stores around my area (Maryland D.C suburbs) being sold out of a lot of items, I've been buying more items online.  Anybody else doing the same?   What have you found, where are you shopping?

I've found:

1) World Market.  Who knew?   I think of them as a place that stocks little bottles of shelf stable European food, but they were doing free delivery over $50 and hadn't marked up their prices.   I bought a couple of things (tomato paste, ramen) that have been totally sold out around here.

2) Giordano's.   My boys fell in love with Chicago pizza after a trip there.   Two had birthdays in April and wanted pizza.  They were only charging about 20 bucks delivered for a frozen deep dish, which is about what they charge in the restaurant. 

3) Broadbent.   The sale Rotus posted a link to was super, ham and bacon are totally off the shelves around here.