• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The local store limiting the number allowed inside at a time combined with a monetary supplement that many received yesterday from the government and knowing the store was going to be closed today meant there wasn't a chance in hell I was going near the place yesterday. As I expected, they were lined up along the entire outside of the building for most of the day. I know this isn't a laughing matter but I still chuckled a bit about how nothing really changes the core of how we think. Everybody has been buying everything on the shelves for the last month and they still had to do a panic shop because the store was going to be closed for one day. I've been preparing for a while now for last night's meal. I've wanted to do it for the past couple years but this was the first year I started planning far enough ahead to pull it off. So, despite the fact that I'm still not sheltering in place, it was indeed food in the time of a pandemic. The late start it got after work meant it was really late when it got done so there's no plated picture, I just plopped some in a bowl and sucked it down. I'll get a better picture today when I can enjoy it properly at a decent hour. :D Holy Thursday gumbo z'herbes on the stove cooking...

bozherbes.jpg

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

The local store limiting the number allowed inside at a time combined with a monetary supplement that many received yesterday from the government and knowing the local store was going to be closed today meant there wasn't a chance in hell I was going near the place yesterday. As I expected, they were lined up along the entire outside of the building for most of the day. I know this isn't a laughing matter but I still chuckled a bit about how nothing really changes the core of how we think. Everybody has been buying everything on the shelves for the last month and they still had to do a panic shop because the store was going to be closed for one day. I've been preparing for a while now for last night's meal. I've wanted to do it for the past couple years but this was the first year I started planning far enough ahead to pull it off. So, despite the fact that I'm still not sheltering in place, it was indeed food in the time of a pandemic. The late start it got after work meant it was really late when it got done so there's no plated picture, I just plopped some in a bowl and sucked it down. I'll get a better picture today when I can enjoy it properly at a decent hour. :D Holy Thursday gumbo z'herbes on the stove cooking...

bozherbes.jpg