• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

48 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

1 minute ago, weinoo said:

My grandmother was too busy chasing me around with a cast iron pan to worry about "the bloom."

That explains it ;)

heidih

heidih

47 minutes ago, Tri2Cook said:

After the initial panic-shop hit, the local store has recovered pretty well. They implemented limits on some items when they restocked and still don't have toilet paper but for the most part, you can get anything you normally could. The difficulty they were having getting certain things in didn't seem to last long but those are the things that now have limits. Toilet paper isn't an issue for me. I keep a small stock in the house anyway, daughter in house, but when everything disappeared from the shelves locally about 3 weeks ago and still hadn't reappeared as of this week, I ordered a case (48 rolls) through one of our suppliers at work and tucked it in a closet. Strangely, one of the things that was entirely cleaned out is canned coconut milk. Plenty of cow, soy and rice milk and even a hefty amount of evap on the shelf but not a single can of coconut milk. Fortunately, whoever grabbed all the cans didn't notice the 1 liter cartons on the next shelf over so I was still able to make my Massaman curry. :D I'd send Anna some frozen veggies if that was possible, those don't look like they've been touched at all. 

Just now, weinoo said:

My grandmother was too busy chasing me around with a cast iron pan to worry about "the bloom."

That explains it ;)