• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Smithy

Smithy

Removed extraneous photo and text

38 minutes ago, weinoo said:

Lunch yesterday was rice and beans (beans from freezer), along with beet salad and celery root remoulade. Dinner started with this...

2HrHjM4.jpg

Sauté of peppers and onions.

RJCL6wb.jpg

Sausage and peppers. Potato salad. Tomato/cucumber/avocado also alongside.

D'artagnan chicken sausage was used, and don't think I'd buy again, but I was experimenting during the last freezer sale. At least they're low calorie/low sodium compared to real sausage.  

That looks excellent, weinoo. Thanks for the inspiration; I think I know what our dinner will be tonight!

Smithy

Smithy

34 minutes ago, weinoo said:

I was worried about supply, so even though I'm supposed to get my subscription delivery shortly...

3zNJtXg.jpg

3 bags from George Howell somehow showed up. I figured I'd give the medium roast a try for afternoon moka pot coffee. Or maybe I'll fire up Silvia.

Lunch yesterday was rice and beans (beans from freezer), along with beet salad and celery root remoulade. Dinner started with this...

2HrHjM4.jpg

Sauté of peppers and onions.

RJCL6wb.jpg

Sausage and peppers. Potato salad. Tomato/cucumber/avocado also alongside.

D'artagnan chicken sausage was used, and don't think I'd buy again, but I was experimenting during the last freezer sale. At least they're low calorie/low sodium compared to real sausage.  

That looks excellent, weinoo. Thanks for the inspiration; I think I know what our dinner will be tonight!