• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

We're lucky to have a good supply of country hams and bacon (safe at room temperature) as we always do.

I recommend ordering some if that's the sort of thing you like — it's a great 'prepper' food!

No SARS-CoV-2 or Covid 19 cases in my area, so far, but it'll get here—it probably already is here.

This is a small county in western NY — Chemung County, population ~85,500.

We're about 250 miles from Manhattan but closely connected in that there are two state prisons here, one max, one super-max, there's also a state psychiatric center here — so there's a lot of traffic back and forth to the city.

Martin Fisher

Martin Fisher

We're lucky to have a good supply of country hams and bacon (safe at room temperature) as we always do.

I recommend ordering some if that's the sort of thing you like — it's a great 'prepper' food!

No SARS-CoV-2 or Covid 19 cases in my area, so far, but it'll get here officially—  but it probably already is here.

This is a small county in western NY — Chemung County, population ~85,500.

We're about 250 miles from Manhattan but closely connected in that there are two state prisons here, one max, one super-max, there's also a state psychiatric center here — so there's a lot of traffic back and forth to the city.