• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

49 minutes ago, chefmd said:

National Guard, yes.  No idea about plantain bread, it is new to me too.  It tasted as more savory version of banana bread.  I will have to research it.  

Cauliflower looked like it was deep fried.  There were crispy bits on top of it that were listed as tortilla crumble on the menu.  The darker sauce was made with calamata olives and was silky smooth and added just the right dose of saltines.

Plantain bread as a savory relative of banana bread makes sense. Thanks. Love fried cauliflower but for one person rarely a thing. Oh and buzzing olives for a smoother integrated sauce makes sense. I need to use up my nasturtium "capers" so that is a technique I will employ. This year's seedpod crop is approaching.

heidih

heidih

47 minutes ago, chefmd said:

National Guard, yes.  No idea about plantain bread, it is new to me too.  It tasted as more savory version of banana bread.  I will have to research it.  

Cauliflower looked like it was deep fried.  There were crispy bits on top of it that were listed as tortilla crumble on the menu.  The darker sauce was made with calamata olives and was silky smooth and added just the right dose of saltines.

Plantain bread as a savory relative of banana bread makes sense. Thanks. Love fried cauliflower but for one person rarely a thing.