• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Porthos

Porthos

I ventured in to my local Total Wine a couple of days ago. My Sweetie and I are very particular about tonic water, Schweppes or nothing. I was surprised that they had plenty of regular, but were out of Diet Schweppes. I needed assistance with my Tangueray. There was  hole on the shelf for the 1.75 liter bottle and they did get one for me. I like the cost savings of the large bottle and that will last at least a half a year.

They didn't have any of the cigar brands-types I normally buy so I didn't get any, but that's not a problem.

I went there because I was out of beer and what I like to drink is hard to find in supermarkets. I ended up with 6-packs of Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and AleSmith Nut Brown Ale.Since I have cut way back on beer consumption (diabetes-related) that should last for several weeks.

I'm repeating myself, but I go out with mask and disposable gloves. When I get back to the car one glove comes off so that my keys aren't exposed to anything I might have touched, I unload what I've bought into to trunk with the gloved hand, then that glove comes off and I use hand sanitizer. If I have more stops, each new stop gets new gloves. Oh, I also carry my own disinfecting wipes and wipe down the surfaces  of the grocery cart I'm likely to touch. When I get home I wash my hands/forearms. It all may be overkill, but I'd rather practice overkill than end up sick. I touch my face a lot but not while wearing the gloves.

We need to be in Orange County today and our trip is planned so we can get to-go sandwiches for dinner from a great authentic Italian deli-market, Cortnia's Italian Market.

Porthos

Porthos

I ventured in to my local Total Wine a couple of days ago. My Sweetie and I are very particular about tonic water, Schweppes or nothing. I was surprised that they had plenty of regular, but were out of Diet Schweppes. I needed assistance with my Tangueray. There was  hole for the 1.75 liter bottle and they did get one for me. I like the cost savings of the large bottle and that will last at least a half a year.

They didn't have any of the cigar brands-types I normally buy so I didn't get any, but that's not a problem.

I went there because I was out of beer and what I like to drink is hard to find in supermarkets. I ended up with 6-packs of Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale and AleSmith Nut Brown Ale.Since I have cut way back on beer consumption (diabetes-related) that should last for several weeks.

I'm repeating myself, but I go out with mask and disposable gloves. When I get back to the car one glove comes off so that my keys aren't exposed to anything I might have touched, I unload what I've bought into to trunk with the gloved hand, then that glove comes off and I use hand sanitizer. If I have more stops, each new stop gets new gloves. Oh, I also carry my own disinfecting wipes and wipe down the surfaces  of the grocery cart I'm likely to touch. When I get home I wash my hands/forearms. It all may be overkill, but I'd rather practice overkill than end up sick. I touch my face a lot but not while wearing the gloves.

We need to be in Orange County today and our trip is planned so we can get to-go sandwiches for dinner from a great authentic Italian deli-market, Cortnia's Italian Market.

Porthos

Porthos

I ventured in to my local Total Wine a couple of days ago. My Sweetie and I are very particular about tonic water, Schweppes or nothing. I was surprised that they had plenty of regular, but were out of Diet Schweppes. I needed assistance with my Tangueray. There was  hole for the 1.75 liter bottle. I like the cost savings of the large bottle and that will last at least a half a year.