• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

I have a GE profile French Door bottom freezer which is a complete POS. Between leaks and malfunctions, the ice maker was a disaster. I shut it off.  Controls are shot too. I check the temp with a laser thermometer.

Blue Star range is a workhorse/beast. I love it. @mumkin you'll be pleased. Minimal electronics so there's little to go wrong. Only weakness is the simmer  is a bit hot. We use a heat diffuser and its fine.

Kitchenaid DW is fine.

@weinoo I see you  have that CSO door ajar.  Smart move!

gfweb

gfweb

I have a GE profile French Door bottom fridge which is a complete POS. Between leaks and malfunctions, the ice maker was a disaster. I shut it off.  Controls are shot too. I check the temp with a laser thermometer.

Blue Star range is a workhorse/beast. I love it. @mumkin you'll be pleased. Minimal electronics so there's little to go wrong. Only weakness is the simmer  is a bit hot. We use a heat diffuser and its fine.

Kitchenaid DW is fine.

@weinoo I see you  have that CSO door ajar.  Smart move!

gfweb

gfweb

I have a GE profile French Door bottom fridge which is a complete POS. Between leaks and malfunctions, the ice maker was a disaster. I shut it off.  Controls are shot too. I check the temp with a laser thermometer.

Kitchenaid DW is fine.

gfweb

gfweb

Blue Star range is a workhorse/beast. I love it.

Kitchenaid DW is fine.