• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Franci

Franci

Very cool @Duvel

Today I made duck leg confit for my husband. My daughter and I had some meatballs, very tasty and tender. My son doesn’t like polpette and he wanted what he calls steak haché...better known  as burger patty. Strange as certain names stay with you. In my house, growing up, we call them Bismarck even without the egg...everybody coming to our house would ask what are you people talking about 🤣🤣🤣 anyway, side of

carrots and broccoli stalks

and green beans. I also had brown rice with a good spoonful of spicy kimchi paste. 

31CF58EB-CC39-432A-874D-EAF55C8B7CDC.jpeg

Franci

Franci

Very cool @Duvel

Today I made duck leg confit for my husband. My daughter and I had some meatballs, very tasty and tender. My son doesn’t like polpette and he wanted what he calls steak haché...better know as burger patty. Strange as certain names stay with you. In my house, growing up, we call them Bismarck even without the egg...everybody coming to our house would ask what are you people talking about 🤣🤣🤣 anyway, side of

and green beans. I also had brown rice with a good spoonful of spicy kimchi paste. 

Franci

Franci

Very cool @Duvel

Today I made duck leg confit for my husband. My daughter and I had some meatballs, very tasty and tender. My son doesn’t like polpette and he wanted what he calls steak haché...better know as burger patty. Strange as a certain names stay with you. In my house, growing up, we call them Bismarck even without the egg...everybody coming to our house would ask what are you people talking about 🤣🤣🤣 anyway, side of