• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

TicTac

TicTac

noticed Kim's post

59 minutes ago, heidih said:

It would be unkind and cruel not to share the sorrel sauce method! Love the spinach paneer curry as well My local India Sweets does lovely saag

My pleasure.  The beauty is in it's simplicity.

In a EVOO/Butter mix (equal parts) saute onions and a clove or two of garlic, thrown in towards the end.  Once slightly golden (you can take it further but I really like the sour aspect of sorrel and too much caramelizing might counter that) add in roughly chopped sorrel.  Cook till it starts to break down.

From here you can choose to add a bit of white wine (I did not, tonight) or more butter or even cream (which I opted for in this instance, simply because I had some leftover from the curry).  Season to taste.

My family's preference is salmon (though lately I have much preferred ocean trout!) tataki slathered with sorrel sauce.

My condolences about your mom @Kim Shook

TicTac

TicTac

51 minutes ago, heidih said:

It would be unkind and cruel not to share the sorrel sauce method! Love the spinach paneer curry as well My local India Sweets does lovely saag

My pleasure.  The beauty is in it's simplicity.

In a EVOO/Butter mix (equal parts) saute onions and a clove or two of garlic, thrown in towards the end.  Once slightly golden (you can take it further but I really like the sour aspect of sorrel and too much caramelizing might counter that) add in roughly chopped sorrel.  Cook till it starts to break down.

From here you can choose to add a bit of white wine (I did not, tonight) or more butter or even cream (which I opted for in this instance, simply because I had some leftover from the curry).  Season to taste.

My family's preference is salmon (though lately I have much preferred ocean trout!) tataki slathered with sorrel sauce.