• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

16 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

I used the turkey carcass from Christmas dinner to make stock and added the dark meat scraps and some egg noodles to make turkey-noodle soup.  The stock turned out really well:

IMG_4572.jpg.b326ed6619e76ab989f134c45ce83a4c.jpg

We did a porch drop for Mr. Kim’s dad and stepmom and stepsister (who are quarantining because his dad has Covid☹️).  We knew that it was unlikely they had ever seen homemade stock, so we warned them that it would look like Jello!  The container that went to Mr. Kim’s mom needed no warning – she’s been making stock longer than we’ve been alive!  So tonight was turkey noodle soup and a baguette with creamy Gorgonzola.  This cheese is like a mix of Gorgonzola and Brie.  Incredibly gooey and delicious.  They haven’t had it at Wegman’s for a long time and finally, today, it was there. 

soup.jpg.8ae877ac73a6d960c07d26886119a5d5.jpg

This created such a craving that I pulled my packet of turkey wings from freezer, ran under water to get the stuck on packaging off, put in a wide lidded skillet with a bit of water & salt and am hoping for dfrost. Then will dry well and roast. I prefer a brown stock. 

heidih

heidih

15 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

@Dante – your Bodega sandwich and corn look and sound delicious.  But there seems to be something besides egg or cheese peeking out from the roll.  Maybe some kind of meat?  I finished dinner about an hour ago and I’d gladly wolf down that sandwich! 😁

I used the turkey carcass from Christmas dinner to make stock and added the dark meat scraps and some egg noodles to make turkey-noodle soup.  The stock turned out really well:

IMG_4572.jpg.b326ed6619e76ab989f134c45ce83a4c.jpg

We did a porch drop for Mr. Kim’s dad and stepmom and stepsister (who are quarantining because his dad has Covid☹️).  We knew that it was unlikely they had ever seen homemade stock, so we warned them that it would look like Jello!  The container that went to Mr. Kim’s mom needed no warning – she’s been making stock longer than we’ve been alive!  So tonight was turkey noodle soup and a baguette with creamy Gorgonzola.  This cheese is like a mix of Gorgonzola and Brie.  Incredibly gooey and delicious.  They haven’t had it at Wegman’s for a long time and finally, today, it was there. 

soup.jpg.8ae877ac73a6d960c07d26886119a5d5.jpg

This created such a craving that I pulled my packet of turkey wings from freezer, ran under water to get the stuck on packaging off, put in a wide lidded skillet with a bit of water & salt and am hoping for dfrost. Then will dry well and roast. I prefer a brown stock.