• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BKEats

BKEats

Dinner was strange in that I had an hour to prepare... Basically just threw the bird in the oven and took out when the thermometer said 135.   Sliced and covered with sauce... But, i had forgotten to make the Fonio this grain... And then I also forgot the potatoes in the oven and well, it went from thinking about how I was going to plate it to just throwing everything on the plate.. potatoes were salt baked in a covered clay dish.. kosher and sea salt.   While everything was technically good... and i may have been excited about it another time, i was not feeling it tonight.   

49839221338_e07fbd109e_z.jpg

Sauce was turkey stock, onion and butter, pomegranate molasses,  a few chiffonade ramps, zatar and wondra flour... It was good.  The ramp sausage stuffing was delicious.  This helped me finally finish the sausage, get rid of a game hen, use my old potatoes... Moving product... Oh,  the fonio had a hint of sesame oil.   Also made a salad with a japanese ginger dressing that a local ramen shop that turned into a grocery store makes. 

49839761826_e09abd8357_z.jpg

BKEats

BKEats

Dinner we strange in that I had an hour to prepare... Basically just threw the bird in the oven and took out when the thermometer said 135.   Sliced and covered with sauce... But, i had forgotten to make the Fonio this grain... And then I also forgot the potatoes in the oven and well, it went from thinking about how I was going to plate it to just throwing everything on the plate.. potatoes were salt baked in a covered clay dish.. kosher and sea salt. 

49839221338_e07fbd109e_z.jpg

Sauce was turkey stock, onion and butter, pomegranate molasses,  a few chiffonade ramps, zatar and wondra flour... It was good.  The ramp sausage was really good, the stuffing was delicious.  Whatever, it was good, not inspiring.  This helped me finally finish the sausage, get rid of a game hen, use my old potatoes... Moving product... Oh,  the fonio had a hint of sesame oil.   Also made a salad with a japanese ginger dressing that a local ramen shop that turned into a grocery store makes. 

49839761826_e09abd8357_z.jpg