• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, shain said:

Matzo casserole, this one with a filling of chickpeas, mushrooms, caramelized onion and baharat. Tahini.

Is it clear by now that I love baked matzo dishes? :P  

For those who have never experienced this type of prep would you say it is similar to a pasta dish with great crispy edges/top or ??? We get the towers of matzo in major stores around holidays but people not familiar do not pick it up. They know what it is but are not up on preparation or taste. I see a matzo tutorial in your future ;)

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, shain said:

Matzo casserole, this one with a filling of chickpeas, mushrooms, caramelized onion and baharat. Tahini.

Is it clear by now that I love baked matzo dishes? :P  

For those who have never experienced this type of prep would you say it is similar to a pasta dish with great crispy edges/top or ??? We get the towers of matzo in major stores around holidays but people not familiar to not pick it up. They know what it is but are not up on preparation or taste. I see a matzo tutorial in your future ;)