• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

11 hours ago, Chris Hennes said:

I suspect you may be preaching to the choir here... I'd be curious to know how many people reading this at eGullet actually use app-based delivery on any kind of regular basis. A couple of times a year I get pizza delivered, but always directly from the pizza place, never via an independent app. On a whim I once had cookies delivered to a class I was teaching, but again, direct from Insomnia, not via an outside app. Does anyone here find themselves using one of the multi-restaurant delivery services?

I try not to preach...I started what I believed to be an interesting topic about Food Traditions and Culture, based on this reporting:

84% of U.S. adults ordering delivery or takeout at least once a month

So that's, doing some quick back of the envelope math, about 168 million people based on the 2018 US census.

The second sentence of the quoted post is interesting as well, and a nice way to steer the OP away from the point it was attempting to make. Might've even been a good topic on its own.

weinoo

weinoo

10 hours ago, Chris Hennes said:

I suspect you may be preaching to the choir here... I'd be curious to know how many people reading this at eGullet actually use app-based delivery on any kind of regular basis. A couple of times a year I get pizza delivered, but always directly from the pizza place, never via an independent app. On a whim I once had cookies delivered to a class I was teaching, but again, direct from Insomnia, not via an outside app. Does anyone here find themselves using one of the multi-restaurant delivery services?

I try not to preach...I started what I believed to be an interesting topic about Food Traditions and Culture, based on this reporting:

84% of U.S. adults ordering delivery or takeout at least once a month

So that's, doing some quick back of the envelope math, about 168 million people based on the 2018 US census.

The second sentence of the quoted post is interesting as well, and a nice way to steer the OP away from the point it was attempting to make.