• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wonder Delivery Service

MetsFan5

I think Wonder has potential. I downloaded the app and see a few meals I would order. Not many reviews or unboxing but I like the 'taco night'. taco meal ...and another restaurant has nice looking crab cakes and lobster rolls.

Our steak portions are 4 oz at home and burgers 3 oz. I always cook an extra third steak very rare for a next day noodle bowl or hot pot. Would like to see the full plating with an 'adult' steak. Some kids freak out with anything green on the plate or anything touching. 

One Ytube video shows the truck interior with a slide out cast iron pan for searing. 

Hard to find reviews. One town's website is 50/50, positive/negative. Those that actually order love the service. The negatives are those that probably complain about everything...especially the noise from the generator. Was it really that loud? Can't been any different than lawn service. 

11 minutes ago, Annie_H said:

I think Wonder has potential. I downloaded the app and see a few meals I would order. Not many reviews or unboxing but I like the 'taco night'. taco meal ...and another restaurant has nice looking crab cakes and lobster rolls.

Our steak portions are 4 oz at home and burgers 3 oz. I always cook an extra third steak very rare for a next day noodle bowl or hot pot. Would like to see the full plating with an 'adult' steak. Some kids freak out with anything green on the plate or anything touching. 

One Ytube video shows the truck interior with a slide out cast iron pan for searing. 

Hard to find reviews. One town's website is 50/50, positive/negative. Those that actually order love the service. The negatives are those that probably complain about everything...especially the noise from the generator. Was it really that loud? Can't been any different than lawn service. 

honestly the noise from the truck is minimal. I sort of get people complaining about the trucks, as they tend to loiter and are acting as adverisements. I only learned about the service because I kept seeing the trucks. But people will of course complain about anything. 

I think my next order via Wonfer will be for a pizza from Di Fara. 

• 1 year later...

So about a year ago the wonder trucks ceased to exist. Now they have various locations in NYC and northern NJ and operate like a food court, minus much seating. 

Their Springfield, NJ location is available to me via DoorDash and I might try it out. If only for José Andre’s’  Jamon Iberico at $27 a plate. I’ve had before and it is that good. But his other offerings are all tempting as well and more reasonably priced, such as the “Pork cheeks braised in salmorra (a smoky, garlicky tomato sauce) until fork-tender, served on top of olive oil mashed potatoes with a rich, hearty gravy” aka “Carrilleras de Cerdo”. —at $17. 

before they ceased their truck operations I did order various things .’d often from the kids menu as at the time they weren’t just offering chicken fingers and French fries. 

Has anyone else ordered from them or done take out? 

Edited by MetsFan5 (log)
  • Sad 1