• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

What flavor is birthday cake??  When I hear "birthday cake bonbon", I think sweet and vanilla, but that doesn't seem to really convey the flavor of birthday cake.  

My last birthday cake bonbon came about because I had some leftover birthday cake.  It was a vanilla cake and I actually mixed it into a white chocolate ganache and piped it into molds.  But short of baking a cake and mixing it into a ganache, what are people doing for this flavor?   

Bentley

Bentley

What flavor is birthday cake??  

My last birthday cake bonbon came about because I had some leftover birthday cake.  It was a vanilla cake and I actually mixed it into a white chocolate ganache and piped it into molds.  But short of baking a cake and mixing it into a ganache, what are people doing for this flavor?