• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

On the wild v. farmed debate, I buy both.  Didn't used to buy farm-raised, but the horrendous practices of salmon farms are mostly a thing of the past.  They have literally cleaned up their act.  Many large retailers now buy solely from salmon farms certified by the ASC (Aquaculture Stewardship Council).  Seafood Watch of the Monterey Bay Aquarium recently upgraded ASC farmed salmon to the status of "Good Alternative" to wild caught. 

gulfporter

gulfporter

On the wild v. farmed debate, I buy both.  Didn't used to, but the horrendous practices of salmon farms are mostly a thing of the past.  They have literally cleaned up their act.  Many large retailers now buy solely from salmon farms certified by the ASC (Aquaculture Stewardship Council).  Seafood Watch of the Monterey Bay Aquarium recently upgraded ASC farmed salmon to the status of "Good Alternative" to wild caught. 

gulfporter

gulfporter

On the wild v. farmed debate, I buy both.  Didn't used to, but the horrendous practices of salmon farms are mostly a thing of the past.  They have literally cleaned up their act thanks to adherence to .  Many large retailers now buy solely from salmon farms certified by the ASC (Aquaculture Stewardship Council).  Seafood Watch of the Monterrey Bay Aquarium recently upgraded ASC farmed salmon to the status of "Good Alternative" to wild caught. 

https://www.seafoodsource.com/news/aquaculture/seafood-watch-upgrades-asc-certified-farmed-salmon-to-good-alternative