• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

jimb0

jimb0

I have a sweet tooth and enjoy avocado in just about any form, so I was thinking about custard. Simple (over-)baked custard; not exactly enthused with the results. The flavour is nice enough, though it could have used another avocado, but the texture is almost a set foam (my fault for blending them in the vitamix; another time I wish I had a vac sealer) like meringues rather than a custard. At least it doesn’t taste bad, but neither do I particularly wish to eat six bowls of it. 

5E9A4B47-6260-4A09-A5B1-AEBA88998C1A.jpeg

edit: overnight these collapsed into what is basically avocado mousse in the fridge. they're frankly delicious, cold and creamy. I have changed my opinion on the matter, haha.

jimb0

jimb0

I have a sweet tooth and enjoy avocado in just about any form, so I was thinking about custard. Simple (over-)baked custard; not exactly enthused with the results. The flavour is nice enough, though it could have used another avocado, but the texture is almost a set foam (my fault for blending them in the vitamix; another time I wish I had a vac sealer) like meringues rather than a custard. At least it doesn’t taste bad, but neither do I particularly wish to eat six bowls of it. 

5E9A4B47-6260-4A09-A5B1-AEBA88998C1A.jpeg