• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

52 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

Very odd. So this morning I needed to make a fresh batch and I was out of my local oats. I used Quaker Old Fashioned and followed the same steps I outlined above. Everything looked normal, but I let my coffee sit longer than normal and the coffee and oat milk separated. A quick stir and they were back together again but I had never had that happen with my local oats. I don't get that at all.

The Quaker oats were from somewhere else... they were trying to get back home. :P

I honestly have no idea what would cause that so I went with the easy facetious response. :D

Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook

48 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

Very odd. So this morning I needed to make a fresh batch and I was out of my local oats. I used Quaker Old Fashioned and followed the same steps I outlined above. Everything looked normal, but I let my coffee sit longer than normal and the coffee and oat milk separated. A quick stir and they were back together again but I had never had that happen with my local oats. I don't get that at all.

The other oats were from somewhere else... they were trying to get back home. :P

I honestly have no idea what would cause that so I went with the easy facetious response. :D