• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

suzilightning

suzilightning

I grew up with three styles:

New England - milk or cream

Manhattan - tomato based

Rhode Island - Chris's 

I still have my great grandmother's recipe for all of them in the recipe book she gifted to my grandmother for Christmas in 1938 after she, my grandfather(her son) and their children and my grandmother's sister had moved back to Shelter Island, NY.

I have eaten so much clam chowder IF I ever eat anymore it will be too soon.

Sorry for being snarky.  I can post the recipes if I haven't already …...my mom used to win awards with the Manhattan and  that is what we always had for the night before Thanksgiving instead of pizza

suzilightning

suzilightning

I grew up with three styles:

New England - milk or cream

Manhattan - tomato based

Rhode Island - Chris's 

I still have my great grandmother's recipe for all of them in the recipe book she gifted to my grandmother for Christmas in 1938 after she, my grandfather(her son) and their children and my grandmother's sister had moved back to Shelter Island, NY.

I have eaten so much clam chowder IF I ever eat anymore it will be too soon.