• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

LivingMCM

LivingMCM

On 1/12/2019 at 1:31 AM, liuzhou said:

What is going on. I just begin to slowly recuperate from the trauma of learning that people put c*** into shepherd's pies,  I begin to get my blood pressure back to normal and am innocently scanning the day's newspaper and some barbarian only posts a recipe for vegan lentil and celeriac shepherd's pie.

What kind of shepherd herds lentils?

At least there is none of the c-word in it. But really?

My understanding is that a true shepherd's pie should contain lamb. If it uses something else instead, then it really has to be called something else. Hence "cottage pie" for beef.

Hmm, what should we call a vegetarian pie?

LivingMCM

LivingMCM

On 1/12/2019 at 1:31 AM, liuzhou said:

What is going on. I just begin to slowly recuperate from the trauma of learning that people put c*** into shepherd's pies,  I begin to get my blood pressure back to normal and am innocently scanning the day's newspaper and some barbarian only posts a recipe for vegan lentil and celeriac shepherd's pie.

What kind of shepherd herds lentils?

At least there is none of the c-word in it. But really?

My understanding is that a true shepherd's pie should contain lamb. If it uses something else instead, then it really has to be called something else. Hence "cottage pie" for beef.