• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gulfporter

gulfporter

Went to a modern Lebanese restaurant.  At least at Lebanese, I KNOW the eggplant will not be undercooked (I run into undercooked eggplant so often in the US and MEX, I understand why some people hate it).  

We lived in DC-Metro until 2003 which had wonderful Lebanese eateries, but this little spot in Lisbon really hit the mark with the quality of ingredients; you can really taste the difference when a place uses top notch olive oil, and in this case, makes their own yogurt.  

Shared 3 starters and each had a crisp vino verde.  Tab was 36 EU, a bit on the high side but it is in the trendy area very close to Time Out Market.  

First two are eggplant dishes.  The first was grilled eggplant in yogurt over crispy pita sticks, with almonds. 

The 2nd was fried eggplant over a really smokey eggplant baba ganoush, topped with arugula.

The last dish was tender seared tuna over hummus.  

Their pita bread was excellent, too, light and airy with a bit of a char.  

lebegg1.jpg

lebegg2.jpg

lebtuna.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

Went to a modern Lebanese restaurant.  At least at Lebanese, I KNOW the eggplant will not be undercooked (I run into undercooked eggplant so often in the US and MEX, I understand why some people hate it).  

We lived in DC-Metro until 2003 which had wonderful Lebanese eateries, but this little spot in Lisbon really hit the mark with the quality of ingredients; you can really taste the difference when a place uses top notch olive oil, and in this case, makes their own yogurt.  

Shared 3 starters and each had a crisp vino verde.  Tab was 36 EU, a bit on the high side but it is in the trendy area very close to Time Out Market.  

lebegg1.jpg

lebegg2.jpg

lebtuna.jpg

gulfporter

gulfporter

lebtuna.jpg

lebegg1.jpg

lebegg2.jpg