• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

My name is on a specific table in the seating layout (I saw all the tables had names on them). Traditional buchons are only open for about 2,5hrs for lunch or dinner. The boss comes to each table (he knows whose turn it is) to explain the dishes they are serving. The "menu" is handwritten on a piece of paper and it changes a little every day depending on what they have. Boss is humorous and cool. One of the reasons his buchon is one of the most popular in town.

CIbp6NN.jpg

Gratin and sauteed vegs. Everyone got this same plate today.

70yofRA.jpg

A braising French cut, tender and still retains texture. Notice both handles on my Staub dish are missing. I wouldn't throw mine out either.

o31pOYq.jpg

Traditional Lyonnaise food is meat and offal heavy. These pork cheeks can be cut with a spoon.

DO3b27A.jpg

Every single table is reserved. If you want to eat at this kind of place best to reserve in advance. It takes around 2 hours to eat a meal and the place is opens for about 2,5 hours.

lRxV76w.jpg

Menu outside the kitchen

EOFQIYW.jpg

Restaurant is on a tiny street with cars parked in front of it. Well, then I made a photo of a photo instead.

ufdmweV.jpg

Cglr8ca.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

My name is on a specific table in the seating layout (I saw all the tables had names on them). Traditional buchons are only open for about 2,5hrs for lunch or dinner. The boss comes to each table (he knows whose turn it is) to explains the dishes they are serving. The "menu" is handwritten on a piece of paper and it changes a little every day depending on what they have. Boss is humorous and cool. One of the reasons his buchon is one of the most popular in town.

CIbp6NN.jpg

Gratin and sauteed vegs. Everyone got this same plate today.

70yofRA.jpg

A braising French cut, tender and still retains texture. Notice both handles on my Staub dish are missing. I wouldn't throw mine out either.

o31pOYq.jpg

Traditional Lyonnaise food is meat and offal heavy. These pork cheeks can be cut with a spoon.

DO3b27A.jpg

Every single table is reserved. If you want to eat at this kind of place best to reserve in advance. It takes around 2 hours to eat a meal and the place is opens for about 2,5 hours.

lRxV76w.jpg

Menu outside the kitchen

EOFQIYW.jpg

Restaurant is on a tiny street with cars parked in front of it. Well, then I made a photo of a photo instead.

ufdmweV.jpg

Cglr8ca.jpg