• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

I put in a grocery order today but the shrimp I ordered, the kielbasa I ordered and the sour cream I ordered were all out of stock.  Why am I not surprised? I don’t think I have ever ordered shrimp and actually got them. So I whined to my fairy godmother (@Kerry Beal).  She showed up shortly after lunch with not only with missing items but some fresh corn, fresh peaches and fresh green beans.  I should know that one cannot whine to Kerry Beal with impunity.  Like a fairy godmother she must make things right!

8471D687-0361-4998-9B93-9A585BE6AA2A.thumb.jpeg.4ec350f401eb77b00787b54d7a307580.jpeg

So dinner was the famous shrimp with corn and basil recipe which is much discussed and can be found on @Kim Shook‘s website. I know it is meant to be simple but I did want to kick it up this time. It got some garlic, also courtesy of my fairy godmother, some hot pepper flakes and some seasoning (seems to be missing that in the recipe). Wonderful way to bring summer to an end although I do hope it lingers a bit longer.

Edited to add:

I did add a couple of small tomatoes chopped up and I heated up half a garlic naan. 

Anna N

Anna N

I put in a grocery order today but the shrimp I ordered, the kielbasa I ordered and the sour cream I ordered were all out of stock.  Why am I not surprised? I don’t think I have ever ordered shrimp and actually got them. So I whined to my fairy godmother (@Kerry Beal).  She showed up shortly after lunch with not only with missing items but some fresh corn, fresh peaches and fresh green beans.  I should know that one cannot whine to Kerry Beal with impunity.  Like a fairy godmother she must make things right!

8471D687-0361-4998-9B93-9A585BE6AA2A.thumb.jpeg.4ec350f401eb77b00787b54d7a307580.jpeg

So dinner was the famous shrimp with corn and basil recipe which is much discussed and can be found on @Kim Shook‘s website. I know it is meant to be simple but I did want to kick it up this time. It got some garlic, also courtesy of my fairy godmother, some hot pepper flakes and some seasoning (seems to be missing that in the recipe). Wonderful way to bring summer to an end although I do hope it lingers a bit longer.

which it seems to